Site icon Borok Times

60-Year-Old Man Arrested For Raping A Minor Girl in Assam

A 60-year-old man was arrested in the Assam Cachar district on charges of allegedly kidnapping and raping a 14-year-old girl.

According to reports, the accused continued to repeatedly rape her for three months.

The accused was identified as Joynarayan Goreri, a resident of Magurasora village in the Karimganj district, and was arrested following a complaint lodged by the father of the victim.

Later the family registered a missing case following which the police swung into action and after getting a tip-off, police rescued her on Wednesday from Goreri’s residence in Chotomanda village under the Lakhipur police station in Cachar district.

After arresting the accused, the police sent the young woman to the hospital for a medical examination.

The victim, after being recovered, said she was abducted by the accused about three months ago. She claimed that she was drugged and taken to Cachar.

On 9 August, another 60-year-old man was also arrested for raping a miner in the Noonmati region of Guwahati.

The incident occurred when the girl was alone at her home as her parents had gone out to work. Taking advantage of this situation, the accused identified himself as Dwijen Ramsiyari, entered the house, and is alleged to have committed the heinous crime.

Later, when the parents returned, the girl told them about the crime that followed and they registered a police complaint against Ramsiyari.

In response to the complaint, the police arrested the accused based on the complaint and registered a case under the Protection Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.

The state is witnessing an increase in criminality against women as every other day such incidents come to the fore. In one such incident, a woman lodged an FIR in Demow Police Station one and half months ago that when her husband was not at home, one Karan Mirdha, an inhabitant of Rajmai Tea Estate, allegedly tortured and raped her.

In the FIR, the victim also testified that two police officers at the Demow police station harassed her by calling her at the police station again and again.

Exit mobile version