Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia has confirmed that flights are in the works to connect Agartala with Jorhat and Hyderabad. This comes as welcome news for residents of Agartala who have long desired direct air connectivity to these destinations.
Here’s what we know so far:
- Jorhat Route: SpiceJet has been awarded the Jorhat-Agartala-Jorhat sector under the Regional Connectivity Scheme (UDAN) 5.0 round. Operations are expected to begin soon.
- Hyderabad Route: Indigo has been assigned the Hyderabad-Agartala-Hyderabad route. While the airline’s response is still awaited, a favorable decision is expected soon.
- Currently, three airlines – Indigo, Air India, and Akasa – operate 202 direct flights weekly connecting Agartala with Guwahati, Imphal, Shillong, Kolkata, Delhi, and Bangalore.
- The addition of flights to Jorhat and Hyderabad will further enhance connectivity and provide travelers with more options.
- Improved connectivity to major cities in Assam and Telangana.
- Increased tourism and business opportunities.
- Boosted economic development in Tripura.
- Passengers are advised to check with the respective airlines for updates on the launch dates and booking availability.
- Stay tuned for further developments regarding the Hyderabad route.
Overall, this news signifies a positive development for Agartala’s air connectivity and is sure to be welcomed by residents and businesses alike.