Massive Fire Destroys Two Rice Factories in Tripura; TIDC Chairman Assures Aid


A massive fire engulfed two units of puffed and flattened rice factories in Tripura, causing extensive damage and prompting a swift response from local authorities. The incident occurred at the factories owned by Prangopal Saha and Sanjit Saha, who were present at the scene when the fire broke out. Witnesses reported hearing the owners scream in distress, which alerted nearby factory workers to the emergency.

The blaze quickly spread through the factories, fueled by the dry, flammable materials stored inside. Local workers and residents rushed to the site, attempting to control the flames with available firefighting equipment while waiting for the fire department to arrive. Despite their efforts, the fire continued to grow, threatening to spread to adjacent buildings and causing widespread panic.

Firefighters arrived promptly and began battling the inferno, working tirelessly to contain the flames and prevent further damage. Their efforts were hampered by the intense heat and thick smoke billowing from the factories. However, after several hours of arduous work, they managed to bring the fire under control, averting a potential disaster for the surrounding area.

Following the incident, Tripura Industrial Development Corporation (TIDC) Chairman Tinku Roy visited the site to assess the damage and offer support to the affected factory owners. He assured them of immediate assistance from the TIDC, emphasizing the importance of supporting local businesses in times of crisis. “We will do everything in our power to help you rebuild and recover from this unfortunate incident,” Roy stated, highlighting the government’s commitment to aiding the recovery efforts.

Prangopal Saha and Sanjit Saha, although devastated by the loss, expressed gratitude for the swift response from both the local community and authorities. They acknowledged the bravery of the firefighters and the solidarity shown by their fellow factory workers.

The cause of the fire is currently under investigation, with preliminary reports suggesting a possible electrical fault. Authorities have pledged to conduct a thorough inquiry to determine the exact cause and implement measures to prevent such incidents in the future.

The incident has underscored the need for enhanced fire safety protocols in industrial areas, prompting calls for regular safety audits and the installation of advanced firefighting equipment. As the community rallies around the affected factory owners, the focus remains on recovery and rebuilding, with the assurance of support from both local and state authorities.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here