The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has withdrawn the heavy rain alert for Tripura, but schools in the state will remain closed today as a precautionary measure.
The IMD had issued a heavy rain alert for Tripura on Saturday, predicting that the state would receive heavy to very heavy rainfall in the next 24 hours. However, the latest forecast from the IMD indicates that the rainfall activity is likely to decrease over the next few hours.
Reasons for withdrawal of heavy rain alert:
- Low-pressure area over the Bay of Bengal has weakened.
- Wind direction has changed.
- Rainfall activity is likely to decrease.
Despite the withdrawal of the heavy rain alert, schools in Tripura will remain closed today as a precautionary measure. The state government has taken this decision to ensure the safety of students and staff.
The IMD will continue to monitor the weather situation and issue updates as necessary.
Here are some additional details about the weather situation in Tripura:
- The maximum temperature in Agartala today is expected to be around 32 degrees Celsius.
- The minimum temperature in Agartala today is expected to be around 24 degrees Celsius.
- The humidity in Agartala today is expected to be around 80%.