Rapid Progress in Connecting Every Household in the State with Drinking Water Supply

0
19
Water From Tap
Ads

Chief Minister Dr. Manik Saha has announced that the government’s efforts to provide piped drinking water connections to every household in the state are advancing rapidly. Currently, 60.86 percent of households have access to drinking water connections, and the remaining 39.14 percent are expected to be provided with connections by 2024. The Chief Minister, who also serves as the Minister for Works (Drinking Water and Health Provisions), shared this information in response to a written question posed by MLA Pinaki Das Chowdhury during a session in the State Legislative Assembly.

Progress and Statistics:

The total number of households in the state amounts to 9,55,853. Of these, 64.21 percent of rural households and 49.20 percent of urban households have already been provided with drinking water connections. This signifies significant progress in the efforts to ensure access to clean and safe drinking water for the population.

In response to another question from MLA Jitendra Chowdhury, Chief Minister Dr. Manik Saha, also the Minister for Works (Drinking Water and Health), revealed that as of March 31 of the current year, 4,39,113 rural houses have been connected to drinking water through piped supply. Additionally, under the Atal Jaldhara Mission, 5,251 rural houses were connected to piped drinking water supply between November 27, 2018, and August 14, 2019. It is worth noting that the hilly areas of the state have faced some challenges in meeting the demand for potable water supply. However, the Chief Minister did not provide specific details regarding this matter.

The state government, led by Chief Minister Dr. Manik Saha, is making significant strides in the ambitious endeavor to provide piped drinking water connections to every household in the state. With over 60 percent of households already connected, the government’s efforts are commendable. The remaining households are slated to receive drinking water connections by 2024, bringing clean and safe water access to all residents. The government’s commitment to the Atal Jaldhara Mission and its focus on rural areas reflect a comprehensive approach to address the water supply needs of the population.

Ads

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here